Monday, January 12, 2009

Judah Friedlander is a Winner.



Over the weekend I played in the Westfield, New Jersey, official tournament. It was a pretty good standard with some good players, including comedian Judah Friedlander from 30 Rock and stuff. He and I both teamed up with one of the Belle twins to play the u3100 doubles. Judah and Brad beat Brendan and I in a close game for the trophy. Previously Brendan and I beat Bill Mack + partner, so I didn't feel too bad about missing out in the final.

I played OK in the singles, but I fear my rating might have slipped a little..I'll blame it on the drinking the night before and lack of food. At the F.I.T. they had apple pies everywhere, where were the applie pies when you needed them? Hmmm?

It was a fun day. Made all the more fun by the ride I caught back to the city with Judah. I had just missed my train so he offered me a ride in the snow. We had a good chat, he's a very cool guy. Find out more in issue two of Celebrity Ping Pong.

No comments: